Naturbeads is a 2-year old startup scaling up a new technology to reduce plastic waste in our environment (www.naturbeads.com).
It is estimated that by 2050 there will be more plastics in the ocean than fish. If you, like us, believe that the time to act on this is now, join our company to contribute to reducing plastic pollution and work on an exciting project to complete the commissioning on our pilot plant that will allow us to serve more customers looking for plastic microbeads replacements.
You will be working closely with our Principal Process Engineer to test and commission our pilot plant and optimize our process for the production of biodegradable cellulose beads to be used in the personal care and cosmetic products, paints and coatings, packaging and many other applications. Due to us being a small startup, the role suits someone who wants to be involved in all aspects of technology scale up, from equipment design, to dealing with subcontractors, to executing experiments and analysing test results, all the way towards commercialization.
This job represents a great development opportunity for an early career engineer with the possibility of a full time contract at the end of the 6-month period, in a company that has the potential to impact different industries as well as to contribute to saving our oceans.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative in tackling all the problems that a young start up in deep tech faces when translating a technology from R&D to commercialization, and enjoy working in an unstructured environment where every day is different from the precedent. You prefer a flat organization where everyone from the junior technician to the CEO contributes with the best of their knowledge and expertise to the success of the company.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Comfortable with the operating principles of common process plant equipment e.g. pumps, valves, sensors
- Hands-on chemical laboratory experience
- Comfortable with design of experiment and results analysis
- Comfortable with process control theory OR some experience using process control software
- Comfortable reading academic papers
- Great interpersonal skills to deal with colleagues and project partners
- Relevant PhD
- Hands-on mechanical workshop experience
- Experience building process control applications e.g. Labview, OR general experience with computer programming
- Experience in particles processing in cosmetics, food or pharma industry
Naturbeads is an equally opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and ethnic minorities.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com